|Welcome » » » Membership
The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary
The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary is a volunteer, educational and fundraising arm of The Salvation Army in the Greater Houston Area Command.
The Auxiliary sponsors initiatives that enrich the lives of Houston citizens by meeting them at their point of need. These initiatives include:
- Angel Tree, a program providing clothing and toys for children and senior citizens at Christmas;
- The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs, providing character development, educational opportunities and musical training through education and recreational programs;
- Family Residence, a residential facility with programs designed to transition homeless women and families back into the community;
- Sally's House, a transitional residential facility with programs serving single homeless women as they strive to live effectively without drugs and alcohol;
- Reflections on Style Runway Show, Luncheon and Chic Boutique our annual spring fundraising event;
Additionally, the Auxiliary provides funding for a variety of projects in the Greater Houston Area Command.
For more information, please call 832-201-8023.
THE LATEST NEWS...
Over $500,000 grant monies awarded to Corps and Boys and Girls Clubs at the Fall Membership Tea
September 23, 2014
The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary welcomed 180 ladies to its Fall Membership Tea held at Bobbie Nau's home in River Oaks on September 23. Auxiliary members and guests enjoyed the music of the Harbor Light Choir as they entered Mrs. Nau's home. Membership Chairman Kristy Lietdke was positioned to accept new memberships and Directory Chairman Justine Klinke passed out Auxiliary Directories to members. The highlight of the Tea was the awarding of over $500,000 in grant monies to Houston Area Corps and Boys and Girls Clubs. These funds for distribution were raised last spring at our highly popular and successful fundraiser called Reflections on Style Luncheon and Runway Show held at River Oaks Country Club. Our Chic Boutique in collaboration with the Style Show contributed to the bottom line as it featured and sold "gently used" designer clothes to luncheon attendees and "fashionistas" looking for a bargain at our After Sale.
View pictures of the event by clicking here